I’m originally from Winnipeg, Canada. In 2000 I graduated from law school at the University of North Dakota, and came to Minnesota to work judicial law clerk in Olivia, for Judge Randall ‘Randy’ Slieter; now on the Minnesota Court of Appeals.
After working at a law firm in Willmar for many years, I moved to the Twin Cities with my Wife (a Twin Cities native) and our young kids. Like Marc, I’ve always enjoyed practicing Family Law and several years ago joined him after learning of our shared fondness for the sport of curling.
Going on more than twenty (20) years now, I’ve handled divorce, child support, child custody, third party and grandparent rights, domestic abuse, parenting time, and many other areas of family law. I always enjoy the chance to meet people and see where I can help find solutions to their legal problems.
Aside from our law practice, I spend time chairing the 2nd District (Ramsey County) Ethics Committee, helping when I can at Tubman Chrysalis and Legal Assistance of Dakota County Law Clinics, and coaching youth hockey.
- U of North Dakota School of Law – 2000 U of Manitoba – 1997
- Minnesota Lawyers Board of Professional Responsibility – 2nd District
- Committee Chair Dakota County Legal Services – Volunteer Attorney
- Rosemount Area Hockey Association – Board Member Youth Hockey Coach
- 2016 Tubman Chrysalis Volunteer Family Law Attorney of the Year
- 2007 Eighth Judicial District Pro Bono Attorney of the Year 2007
- Central Minnesota Legal Services Volunteer Attorney of the Year 2003
- Central Minnesota Legal Services Volunteer Attorney of the Year
- In re Welfare of S.R.S., 756 N.W.2d 123 (Minn. Ct. App. 2008)